SAP Solutions and Services
SAP All-in-one Ready to Retail Template TM
SAP’s Business All-in-One solutions are designed to meet the specific needs of small and mid-sized retailers. It is a pre-configured solution that offers a core set of retail processes at a reduced implementation cost.
UCS Solutions has developed an All-in-One called ReadytoRetail® that caters for most of the needs of a small or medium sized retailer. The template is fully SAP certified and offers the following key retail value chain functional areas:
- Buying and rebates
- Pricing and promotions
- Replenishment and allocations
- Warehouse management functionality
- Integration to point of sale
- Inventory management (goods receiving/issue/transfer)
- Full financial suite (accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, assets, bank accounts, financial statements, management accounting)
- Suite of standard reports covering sales, inventory, procurement, financial and planning
- Customer relationship management activities.
UCS Solutions has an internationally recognised competence in implementing, optimising and running instances of SAP F&R. Internationally, our highly skilled and experienced team was, amongst the first to implement the solution in retail. We work closely with SAP’s global centre of excellence and have experience across a number of different retail verticals.
We have developed a unique implementation methodology which aims to deliver to a rapid timeline while reducing risk to the business. This also enables the client to get a swift return on investment whilst reducing costs at the same time.
One of the toughest challenges for any retailer is managing in store availability with the objective of minimizing lost sales whilst reducing overall inventory, especially where regular or in season replenishment occurs.
As a retailer, a core objective is to satisfy customers’ needs whilst at the same time ensuring that excess inventory is not taking up valuable shelf space and tying up working capital. This requires a delicate balancing act to guarantee that product is always available to meet customer demand, without being forced to have stock rooms the same size as the store itself!
Ideally the goal is to have just enough stock in store to offer a credible display whilst satisfying customer demand but making sure that replenishment takes place as close to the point of purchase as possible. This should also translate into reduced warehouse stock with smaller safety stock margins to cater for fluctuating demand.
This is where SAP's Forecasting & Replenishment (F&R) for Retail comes in. SAP F&R is a dedicated retail only solution of specific advanced algorithms that consider all types of causal factors such as promotions, price changes, weather effects while factoring replenishment history into the picture. Allied to this is the ability to learn dynamically from the results of previous forecasts, which creates a tool that can minimize lost sales, whilst also reducing inventory levels.
During a pilot run one retailer found that the suggested orders from SAP F&R would ultimately lead to a 25% improvement in store availability, whilst materially reducing overall stockholding for the sampled range. The benefit can be worth millions and the business case is compelling.
Other benefits of accurate forecasting are that collaboration with suppliers has a greater element of certainty, leading to improved efficiencies and order fill rates, reduced waste and better transportation planning.
The ultimate objective is to move towards a fully automated demand driven replenishment model, which will not only free up stock, but also free up many hours of manual effort that can be redirected towards added value merchandising activities. These in turn can lead to better ranges, improved supplier relationships and ultimately greater customer satisfaction and a further positive impact on the bottom line.
Beyond CRM - Engaging the Connected Customer
Retail in today’s economy is becoming more and more challenging, not only due to economic pressures, but largely due to the fact that consumers are more connected, socially networked and informed.
The customer journey has changed. In an evermore connected world and the adoption of smart devices, the buying decision rests more with the customer than ever before. This digital disruption is on the increase and it is imperative that retailers adopt new strategies to engage with customers at all touch points in order to have timeous, relevant and contextual interactions so as to influence the journey from awareness to advocacy.
The omni-channel cannot only focus on commerce and needs to leverage omni-channel marketing and customer service capabilities.
With the advent of big data and in-memory computing, the capabilities are there to capture customer interactions across all channels and devices, analyse those interactions and make sense of customers and their behaviours.
The future of digital in retail is a holistic integration between commerce, marketing customer service, sales and channels. The SAP Customer Engagement and Commerce Suite (CEC) helps businesses achieve this. The CEC suite offers broad and deep functionality seamlessly integrated with back-office systems and can be deployed flexibly (on-premise, cloud, private cloud, or hybrid deployments).
SAP Business Warehouse (BW) is a natural addition to a SAP Retail solution. In combination with SAP Business Objects SAP BW creates a powerful and flexible reporting environment.
The latest version of SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence suite offers a business analytics solution set that provides business users with:
- service access to trusted data and business reporting
- graphics in easy to configure dashboards and reports
- data from multiple sources
- different ERP systems and databases, including Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL, Sybase and JDEdwards.
- tools that extract and analyse unstructured data plus social media content, such as Facebook and Twitter feeds, blogs, emails and even voice.
UCS Solutions has a successful track record in managing and supporting SAP systems with high processing demands, high data storage requirements and high (24x7) availability.
UCS Solutions has a number of functional and technical teams that deliver services to local and international customers from our hubs in South Africa. These service centres provide services for the following SAP modules:
- SAP Retail
- SAP FICO (Financial Accounting) and CO (Controlling)
- SAP MRP (Materials Requirements Planning)
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (eWM)
- SAP Transport Management System (TMS)
- Real Estate Management
- SAP Business Objects (BobJ)
- SAP Forecasting and Replenishment (F&R)
- Integration to and support of JDA Enterprise Planning (EP)
Functional Application Management Services covering the following:
- Real time incident management and resolution within a strict service level agreement (SLA) framework.
- Root cause analysis for operational issue
- End-user support and assistance.
- Delivery of smaller changes to the system through the support team
- Delivery of major changes via a project team
SAP Architectural design including:
- System roadmap design and execution.
- Systems health checks.
- SAP maturity assessment which determines the extent to which the current Sap system supports the business strategy and proposes a roadmap to align the two.
Technical Application Management Services including:
- Pro-active batch monitoring, corrective actions and optimisation.
- Integration monitoring and completion balancing.
- Change control management.
- Archiving optimisation.
- Pro-active systems management and performance tuning.
- End–user security assessment, implementation and management.
- License and end-user access rights audit and correction.
- Technical SAP development in ABAP and Java.
- SAP Solution Manager Implementation and management.
UCS Solutions - South Africa’s leading retail value chain SAP consulting partner. Our SAP consulting services ensure continued value is derived from the investments made in the SAP platform.
Our SAP consulting team offers a broad range of project-based services including:
- SAP Strategic Consulting & Architecture advice.
- Business process definition services.
- Implementation of a range of SAP modules including SAP Retail, SAP FICO, SAP BW, SAP CRM, SAP F&R, SAP Solution Manager and Mobility Functional Services.
- SAP Technical Services (including ABAP and BASIS services).
- SAP Technical Upgrades.